Thursday, February 17, 2011

Dinner is served!

Well tonight I decided to make rice balls for dinner. I took the recipe from a cook book Justin bought me for Christmas 2 years ago. I just HAD to have this book and this is the first time I've made anything from it.

It's by Jessica Seinfeld. The idea behind the book is to hide veggie that your kids wouldn't normally eat. I really don't have that problem but I thought the book would be fun.
So, I find myself rolling the rice into a ball, then rolling it in a veggie puree/egg wash then into bread crumbs and then to the pan for a light frying. Frying you say, well I guess you have to start somewhere.


Anyway, Justin walked in as I was mixing the veggie and egg wash, I choose spinach tonight for this. You can only imagine what his comment was, "I'm NOT eating that". Okay that's fine that is your choice, I thought to my self, no need for an unnecessary argument, right. Well off to the shower he goes as I start to fry these rice balls. Into the kitchen he comes in a bit of a hurry to get out the door saying to Eli, "well I guess I will try one of these rice things and then dad has to go". Much to my surprise Justin turns to me and says "well I was wrong these are pretty good". I kindly said thank you as he inhaled another before dashing out the door.

Dinner was a SUCCESS!!!! It sure is nice to hear those words. Especially when it comes to my cooking.

So maybe I will do the Julie/Julia thing and blog all of the recipes I make from this book. I won't do one a day. It may take me several years, but I'll let you know how the next one turns out.


All though the sun didn't shine much today like it has recently, today is the day the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it......

Grace and Peace!!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Yes, please do! They have this book at the library and I have a very picky eater in the house!

Anna Spencer said...

I love that movie!

Trish said...

Have the cookbook and have made lots from it. All have been a success. Mine love the turkey meatloaf & cauliflower mashed potatoes! Have fun!!! Love you!