Thursday, December 30, 2010

now what??



We had a great time over the past 10 or so days with Mark and my mom. Running here and there, buying this and that and eating WAY TOO MUCH.

It was really cool watching Eli open all of his gifts and helping everyone else open theirs. Christmas morning with my mom and Mark, Nathan and Manda was pretty cool. It all goes so fast and what is it really all for? I would love next year to minimize all of the chaos and really celebrate the birth of Jesus and enjoy our time with family.
We took time to reflect in our own small ways but it just seems so rushed. I am grateful for the generous people in my life and for my family that seems to get closer with each year that passes. Next year lets do no gifts or exchange games but rather just gather and share moments and good food. Now we wait for New Years, eat some more and try to do nothing for a few days.....we'll see how that goes.


And this picture, this is Christmas morning and Eli is eating a sucker. Gaga (grandma Mary) gave it to him and let him eat it for breakfast. I think he ate more sweets this day then he has in his whole life.



Blessings for The new year. May God be present in new and challenging ways in your life. I hope Him to be that in mine.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Aw come on :) I've been pretty good up til now!! It was fun watching him enjoy it and at least it was a LITTLE Christmas tree! It was the best Christmas ever and don't forget our debut on you tube!! Oh yeah, good luck with Justin and the no gifts rule

hattie said...

I have a whole year to work on him, maybe prayer intervention would work....