Saturday, October 23, 2010

Fresh Eggs

I have a friend who is raising chickens at home and they have started to lay eggs!!!!! It's almost like they are children. I go to work and ask her how the chickens are doing..."did you get any eggs this weekend". It's really funny to listen to everyone talk about eating the eggs...for some reason when you get the eggs from the store there is almost, well there is a disconnect to just where the eggs came from and how those eggs came to be. I would think eating store bought eggs would be more disturbing then eating eggs from chickens that you know. So for now I will use them for baking and some day I will eat one over easy with a piece of toast.....but until then I will enjoy giving them to Eli for breakfast.

Peace and love,

P.S try a farm fresh egg today

1 comment:

Trish said...

Hey...that is awesome about the eggs. Ben and Jess have chickens now. Ben built the most adorable coop and named it "Poultry in motion!" They are coming up to visit for the weekend and I am hoping they bring along some eggs :) Love and miss you lots!