Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Choose your own adventure

So my mom, Nic, Eli and I packed the car last Wednesday morning and took off for Colorado to see Mark. It took us 23.5 hours, about 5 hours more then it should have. When traveling with a toddler it makes for a longer ride. But we made it.
We have been pretty busy so far. Thursday night a trip to Eagle for music.



Friday a gondola trip to the top of Vail where we had burgers and more live music. It seems that every night you can find live music around here. Eli really liked the ride up and down the mountain.





Saturday was Gypsum Days. We went to a co-worker of Marks for a parade and BBQ. Eli had fun collecting all of the candy to share with his uncles.



This looks like a hill because we are on top of the mountain

Sunday Nic went rafting with his new friends. Mark, mom, Eli and I went for a drive up the mountain for a picnic and some fishing. Of course Mark caught the most fish, I guess he has more experience then I do. Someday I'll get him





Monday Mark, Nic and I went to Fulford Caves to do a little exploring. I usually don't like to do this but I am trying to expand my horizons. So we hiked 1875 feet to the caves, put on our head lamps and went in. It was in the 80's on the outside the cave and when we got into the cave it was 49 degrees. I was so cool in there. Nic was the "guinea pig" as he puts it. We let him go ahead and let us know if it was "safe". Of course it was safe, or we wouldn't have let him do it. What kind of roll models would we be?

Well we are half way through our trip. There is plenty more on the itinerary and there will be more pictures to come. Thanks for checking in and following our adventures in Colorado! See you soon.


2 comments:

Sara said...

Glad you're sharing this. You all look happy together, and it's beautiful there! The photo of you with E on the mountain is precious!

Trish said...

Hey! I JUST saw your blog. I LOVE it! Please say HI to everyone and have fun out there. Looks gorgeous. Seriously, when you get back, let's plan a weekend or something...before summer is gone! Love ya and safe travels back home!