Friday, September 2, 2011


SO I haven't been camping all summer. Eli
I have been so busy doing life that I haven't done one of the things I enjoy the most about summer. We planned this trip last minute, last week on a beautiful summer day.

Carter

And wouldn't you know it when the day comes to camp it's 90 degrees outside. When you tent camp with 3 young boys that can be a bit of a bummer!!

I went into the trip knowing Eli would be a dirty mess from head to toe and I had to be okay with that.Ethan

All together we had a great time. The boy's had fun playing. We roasted dogs over the fire and went for a drive (really just to sit in the air conditioning for a minute) to get ice cream. I could go on and on about all of the seeming miss hap's for the day.
The trip wouldn't be complete without what was going to happen in the morning, around 5 am I woke up to thunder and lightening. Of course I didn't put the rain shield on because it wasn't supposed to rain. As I listen to the storm get closer, I woke Trish up and we decided to pack up and get the heck out of dodge before the rain hit. As I drove west toward the highway the rain came and I breathed a sigh of relief in the comfort of my dry, cool car.

It would be as memorable of a trip if the crazy stuff didn't come!!! Maybe next time we will go earlier in the season and try to avoid the heat.


Grace and peace.


No comments: