Saturday, December 4, 2010

An update

Adoption
We meet with Bethany today for the first of many meetings. This is just the beginning of our next journey. Lots of paper work and appointments ahead of us, but every moment is worth it.


Justin





Justin has finished his first 5 weeks at Grace Bible college. So far so good. He received 98 out of 100 points for the class. The two points were really silly mistakes on papers, like a comma in the wrong spot. Good thing my blog isn't graded!!!!






Eli



Eli is great
. Need I say more? Well I will. 2 years old now and NO is his favorite word right now. Just a few weeks ago it was YA. I like ya better. For now it's just a word/sound and doesn't mean a whole lot, thank goodness.






Me
I started BSF again last night and I am REALLY glad that I did. The entire lecture was very inspiring/convicting and this is what I need right now. The notebook that I brought with me to take note in is one that I used in 2008 @ BSF. It was the fall that Eli was born. It was really cool to read through my prayers and see the answered ones. Even those that came 2 years later when my mom moved to Colorado. Her moving was NOT my prayer, but rather that she find a job and be HAPPY and I think she is happy. The last prayer for that year of BSF came in May and in that, the last thing I asked for was that my dad be free from his addiction. I got that answer too, just not the way I expected. But God is faithful and brings us through those tough times.

This CHRISTmas I am glad to be excited for the season. I am excited to celebrate the birth of my Savior, who brings peace. I have no one to worry about. As crazy as that seems, it is the way I feel this year.

SO enjoy this season. Take time to play in the snow, be happy and celebrate the good in life.

Merry CHRISTmas!!!!!




4 comments:

Kaitlyn Cobb said...

Justin looks like he did that one night when he thought he was dying. Hahah. Remember Hattie.....you said that you might blow the M.F. up...The only difference is there is a dog there.

Love you!

Stephanie Switzer said...

I am coming to visit, real real soon!

Mary said...

VERY profound!! sometimes I avoid reading your blog....you bring tears to my eyes....but in a good way!! counting the days. Love you!!

hattie said...

thanks Mom!!!